Get the latest EPL predictions for the 2021/2022 season with Gamblers Pro. As lifelong football fans, we’d like to think that we know our way around the English Premier League. Of course, we won’t get every prediction right, but if you think our betting tips have merit, why not jump on board and have a small flutter with us!
English Premier League Predictions this weekend
We’re back for more domestic action, so here are our English Premier League predictions this weekend. There are some interesting clashes coming up too. Claudio is back and first up his new Watford team takes on Liverpool – not an easy start. The Saudi-owned Toon Army take on Spurs, and of course, the EPL predictions this weekend will look at Brentford as they face Chelsea.
As usual, the Premier League is throwing up many questions. Yet, the main one is what are the best EPL expert predictions for this weekend? Your answer is right here!
|Watford vs Liverpool
Prediction: Away Win
|Aston Villa vs Wolverhampton Wanderers
|Leicester City vs Manchester United
|Manchester City vs Burnley
Prediction: Home win
|Norwich City vs Brighton & Hove Albion
Prediction: Away Win
|Southampton vs Leeds United
|Everton vs West Ham United
|Newcastle United vs Tottenham Hotspur
Prediction: Home Win
|Brentford vs Chelsea
Prediction: Away Win
|Arsenal vs Crystal Palace
Expert EPL Predictions
Check out our EPL expert predictions below. These are our hot picks for this week’s action.
Watford vs Liverpool EPL Predictions
Will it be Leicester Claudio or Fulham Claudio that we see at Watford? Either way, he won’t be judged on his first match which is a true test. Our expert EPL predictions for Watford vs Liverpool are an away win, and most likely with a clean sheet.
Norwich City vs Brighton EPL Predictions
Brighton have had a fantastic start to the season and they will fancy that to continue as they take on winless Norwich at Carrow Road. The Canaries did pick up a point in their last match, but that was only against Burnley who are struggling themselves. There’s reasonable value on the Seagulls so that’s where on EPL expert predictions are putting their money.
Manchester City vs Burnley EPL Predictions
When building an acca or system bet, you need to have some banker selections and Man City are just that. Admittedly, the odds are rubbish, which isn’t surprising when you look at the form book. However, Our Expert EPL predictions gurus think this is money in the bank.
Premier League Table Predictions
For long term EPL predictions, you want to check out the ‘outrights’ or ‘futures’ markets with your chosen betting site. Now is the time to jump on these bets as you usually get better value the further you are from the finish. These are some of the markets you can explore as part of your season-long English Premier League betting tips strategy:
- Outright winner: Man City 5/8, Chelsea 5/1, Liverpool 11/2, Man Utd 8/1, Leicester 50/1
- Top 4 finish: Man City 1/33, Chelsea 1/5, Liverpool 1/4, Man Utd 1/3, Arsenal 4/1, Leicester 9/2
- To be Relegated: Watford 10/11, Norwich 10/11, Brentford 13/10, Crystal Palace 6/4
*Prices accurate at time of writing (12th August 2021) – odds quoted from SportPesa.UK
Popular EPL Bets
Online bookmakers offer well over 100 betting markets on EPL matches, so it can get a little confusing which wagers to pick. There are better profits to be made if your Premier League predictions involve ‘how’ a team will win (or a result will happen), rather than simply having a flutter on the match result.
However, you need to factor in the risk vs reward ratio. Of course, the more precise you get with your EPL bets, the higher odds you can expect. The flip side of this is that they will involve a higher level of risk. Added to this, bookmakers set different margins for each market, and this affects both the true betting value and your payout.
Here are some of the top betting markets this season where you can apply the best English Premier League Predictions for this Saturday:
- 1X2 (Match Result): This is still the most popular football bet. To win, you only need to predict if the full-time result will be a home win (1), a draw (X), or an away win (2). Although, it doesn’t always offer the biggest odds, it often carries the lowest margins and it’s less risky than many other wagers.
- Draw No Bet: With quite a few EPL matches ending in a draw, the draw no bet (DNB) wager has steadily grown in popularity. This is the same as betting on the match result market, but the bet is void – and you get your stake back – if the game is drawn. It’s a good bet if you fancy the underdog in the betting because if offers some insurance to punters.
- BTTS: Both teams to score is an excellent wager for neutrals. It doesn’t matter what the final result is, you simply need both of the teams to score. Understandably, the odds are not usually that high given the simplicity of the bet, but it is still an EPL predictions favourite. A variant of this punt is BTTS in Both Halves. This pays out a lot more, but of course, it’s harder to win.
- First goalscorer: The value of this bet depends on the player you choose. For instance, there isn’t much value in picking Kane, Aguero or Salah. Instead, it’s a good punt for games like Aston Villa vs Brighton, where the first goalscorer could be one of several players.
- O/U Total Goals: Another simple bet that doesn’t require the punter to pick a winner. Also, you don’t need both teams to score. Bookmakers will offer several of these markets, starting from over/under 0.5 goals, over-under 1.5 goals up to over/under 6.5 goals. The most common is O/U 2.5 goals. If you bet ‘over’ 2.5, you win if the match finishes with 3, 4, 5 or more goals (extra time and penalty shootouts not included).
How much to bet on these EPL Predictions
The vast majority of recreational punters use the same stake value for every one of our expert EPL betting tips. However, we don’t recommend this betting system if you’re serious about making good profits from betting on the Premier League.
You need to have a bankroll management system and then bet in accordance with the perceived risk of the EPL predictions you are wagering on. One of the most successful strategies is the Kelly Criterion – also known as the Kelly Bet. This how it works:
The Kelly Bet formula
- f = The recommended percentage of your bankroll to bet
- b = The bookmaker’s odds (in decimal) minus 1
- p = Your perceived probability of winning using our EPL predictions
- q = The probability of losing (1 – p)
Armed with this formula, you can now start to put values to the letters. Let’s take the Premier League betting tips from the Leeds vs Fulham match. We chose Leeds to win [1X2 Full-Time] at odds of 1.60. This fills in the ‘b’.
- b = 1.60 – 1 = 0.60
Now comes the most important part, and ultimately this will depend on whether the strategy is successful or not. You need to assess the probability of your EPL predictions being right. The bookies have Leeds at 59% for the win, we think it’s slightly higher, so we are saying 65%; therefore:
- p = 0.65 (this is 65% in decimal)
- q = 0.35
With all the values in place, we can now calculate the formula:
(0.60 x 0.65 – 0.35) / 0.60 = f (0.0666*) x 100 = 6.66%
Using the Kelly formula, it is recommended to bet 6.66% of our bankroll on this EPL prediction.
Free-to-Enter Football Jackpot Games
We bookies eager to secure (and keep) your custom, there are several free-to- enter football jackpot games that run throughout the season. These can be exclusive to Premier League football or they may involve matches from other leagues as well. We’ve hand-picked the best games for you to check out.
Best Free EPL Tips & Predictions FAQ
Can I cashout my EPL bets?
Yes, most online bookmakers have the cashout feature on their platforms (because they make better profits from it). Regardless of that, this is still a great tool to use, particularly on accumulator bets in which 5 out of 6 selections have won, and you’re getting nervous on the final match.
Can I bet in-play on the Premier League?
Absolutely, yes! In-play (live) betting is very popular for Premier League football. It can be a riskier betting strategy, but the rewards are there if you pick the right bets. One thing we would say about in-play betting is the bookmaker’s margins tend to be higher (so you get less value). This is something to quickly check before getting your money in the game.
Is it worth paying for EPL betting tips?
In our opinion, no it isn’t. This is not to say that there aren’t some good tipsters out there, but the league at the moment is in a strange bubble. No EPL tips expert could call Leicester beating Man City 5 – 2, Spurs 6 – 1 Man Utd, and Aston Villa 7 – 2 against Liverpool.
Of course, to avoid this, the majority of paid tipsters play it safe with bets that payout less than evens, such as over 2.5 goals. Our EPL predictions look for more value. The win ratio may not be as high, but the profits over the season are likely to be better.
How do I win on football betting every time?
Gamblers Pro is not in the business of misleading punters; so we won’t sugar coat this. It’s virtually impossible to win on football betting every time you have a punt. Even selections that are 1/100 (1.01) can lose. However, you can improve your success rate by putting in the research, and only bet when there’s value in the markets.
Also, use a money management system alongside our expert EPL predictions so that you know how much of your bankroll to stake on each bet.
Can I use these EPL predictions in Nigeria?
Yes, you sure can. All major sportsbooks offer English Premier League betting, so you can apply these predictions as you choose. If you’re looking for a licensed and regulated betting site in Nigeria, please read our Bet9ja review to see if it meets your requirements.
Can I use these EPL predictions as part of an accumulator (ACCA) bet?
Who will win the 2020/21 English Premier League?
When is the best time to place my bets?
Disclaimer: Our EPL expert predictions are made for entertainment only. We do not take any responsibility for any financial loss incurred as a result of real money wagers placed on these EPL predictions.