888sport is the sports betting arm of the mighty 888.com group of brands, which also includes 888casino, 888poker, and numerous bingo sites. This sportsbook was launched in 2008, and it's risen up the ranks to become one of the leading betting sites in the UK.
Our 888sport review shows you exactly what this brand has to offer. We assess the sign-up bonus and all other 888sport promotions to see if they deliver value to punters. Also, we look at all the sports and markets, and provide an overview of the betting margins to find out if you get decent odds across the board.
Pros & Cons
- Competitive odds
- Good market depth
- Live streaming
- Up for 8 Free Footbal Predictor game
- wide range of promotions including free bets
- 250k max win limit on Premier League bets
- No information given on payment processing times
Sports You Can Bet On
Betting Products & Features
Make no mistake, 888sport is the complete package. It covers all the bases to provide punters with a variety of betting tools, stellar promotions, and a wealth of markets to deliver a premium quality online betting experience.
When preparing your bets and managing your bankroll, the 888sport bet calculator is a useful tool to have at your disposal.
It offers fractional or decimal odds and a range of bet types, including singles, doubles, trebles, accumulators, and several system bets, too. Furthermore, there are fields for rule 4 deductions and dead heats for racing punters.
888 offers cash-out of thousands of markets across many sports. For those unfamiliar with this popular betting tool, it gives you the opportunity to settle a bet before the outcome is decided. Therefore, you can secure an early profit or salvage some of your losses on a losing punt.
Cash-out at 888 betting is available on pre-match and live events for singles and multiple bet types. A new addition is the 888sport pre-match accumulator cash-out feature on selected football matches.
888sport Bet Builder lets punters create a unique football accumulator bet using markets from the same match. To use this tool, simply select the match that you want to bet on. Then, click the Bet Builder tab, and pick the bet selections you want. They will automatically be added to your bet slip where you insert your stake, and place the bet.
Football Betting at 888sport
This 888sport review is focused on the UK betting site; however, this brand is a global name. As such, it localises its sports menu to cater for different region markets. In the UK and Ireland, football betting is the dominant force.
888 football brings you betting action from more than 50 countries, with well over 120 leagues, cups, and other competitions on the menu.
The elite leagues of Europe get star billing with all English Premier League matches boasting over 350 betting options. Also the Champions League and Europa League have around this numbers of markets.
La Liga, Bundesliga, and Serie A games each have around 300, and France’s Ligue 1, and the Dutch Eredivise are not far behind that either.
However, the number of 888 football betting markets does tail-off if you want to bet on matches from the Iranian league, or other less popular footballing countries like Vietnam, Latvia, and Estonia
These are some of the most popular football betting markets at 888sport:
- Main Markets: Full Time (1X2), both teams to score (BTTS), first goal, double chance, correct score, half-time – full-time, 3-way handicap, draw no bet, and BTTS in both halves, among others.
- Goals: Total goals over/under, team goals over/under, half betting total goals and goal bands per team.
- Goalscorers: First goalscorer, last goalscorer, and anytime goalscorer.
- Halves: 1st/2nd half 1X2, 1st/2nd half total goals, 1st/2nd half BTTS, 1st/2nd half correct score, 1st/2nd half double chance, 1st/2nd half draw no bet, etc.
- Corners: Over/Under total corners, 1st/2nd half total corners O/U, full-time corners 3-way handicap, total corners odd or even, Home/away team total corners, and more.
- Cards: Player to get a card, and player to get a red card.
- Others: O/U total offsides, O/U total fouls, penalty kick awarded, home/away team to score a penalty, and many others.
Horse Racing at 888sport
After football, horse racing betting is the next-most popular sport among UK punters. 888 horse racing covers all the meetings from the UK and Ireland; plus, there is action from Australia, France, South Africa, Japan, and the USA.
The race cards come complete with TimeForm data to help you decide which horses to back. But there is a slight limitation in the range of betting markets. 888 only offers win, each-way, forecast, andreverse forecast bets. There isn’t any Tote betting available on this platform at the moment. On the bright side, punters can enjoy a horde of 888 horse racing promotions, including free bets if you back a winner at 4/1+, best odds guaranteed, each way plus, and daily horse racing price boosts.
A few years ago, esports betting was niche with only a few online bookmakers offering this service. Things have changed dramatically since then, however. 888sport provides esports betting on:
Furthermore, there is an impressive depth to the markets on the majority of the big events. For instance, in CS:GO you can bet on the match outcome, map handicap, correct map score, map winner, most kills, and over/under total kills, to name but a few.
It’s not just football and horse racing, 888sport covers all the major sporting events from around the globe. You can bet on the best American sports, such as NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL or look down under at Australian rules and NRL rugby.
There is also greyhounds, tennis, snooker, cricket and darts. Furthermore, our 888 betting review noted a new section for virtual sports betting. Among the computer-generated sports open for betting are football, cricket, horse racing, greyhounds, darts, and tennis.
Does this bookmaker offer value? That is what our 888sport review team wants to know. Bonuses and promotions are all well and good, but every day betting value comes from the bookie’s odds and its margins.
- Brighton vs Man Utd – Premier League [Full Time market] – Odds: 6.40 | 3.75 | 1.62 = 5.80% margin
- Millwall vs Swansea – Championship [BTTS market] – Odds: 1.91 | 1.85 = 6.90% margin
- Warburton vs Jenkins – Darts [match winner market] – Odds: 2.80 | 1.42 = 6.10% margin
- Gavlas vs Reitspies – Table Tennis [in-play match winner market] – Odds: 6.25 | 1.12 = 5.20% margin
- Downfall vs Ground Zero – Esports CS:GO [match winner market] – Odds: 4.90 | 1.15 = 7.30% margin
- 30th June 2020 Overall average margin: 6.27%
Overall, these margins are competitive, but it still pays to check because there is some variance depending on which bet selections you choose.
888sport Mobile App
Punters that want to bet on the go can choose between the 888sport mobile platform and the 888sport app, which is available for both iOS and Android devices.
Both the apps and the mobile responsive platform put this bookmaker in the palm of your hand. No corners have been cut. You have access to all the same sports and betting markets. In addition, new punters can claim the 888sport welcome bonus on their mobile devices, and all of the other popular 888 promotions are mobile-friendly, too.
Live Betting and Streaming
It goes without saying that 888sport is a powerhouse in the live betting arena. It offers thousands of events every month in which bettors can wager live in-play. Among the sports covered are football, esports, tennis, table tennis, volleyball, NFL, basketball, golf, rugby, and snooker.
As for live streaming, 888 comes up trumps with all UK horse racing, in addition to other big races from around the world. Furthermore, every Bundesliga game is streamed live too, so you can place your bets and watch the action.
888sport offers a plethora of payment options so punters can make fast and secure hassle-free deposits and withdrawals. The comprehensive list below highlights the primary methods; however, some of these are localised to specific countries.
Full instructions are provided on the website for new customers who require guidance on how to deposit and withdraw.
Each payment method has its own minimum and maximum deposit and withdrawal limits. Once again, this information can be found within the detailed help section of the website.
Currently, you cannot reverse a withdrawal request, which Gamblers Pro fully endorses because it prevents punters from jumping back in with their winnings (and possibly losing them).
Furthermore, at some point, you will need to complete the KYC procedure although 888 doesn't provide clear information within its Withdrawal Policy as to when customers have to do this.
PLEASE NOTE: Credit cards can no longer be used as a means of funding your account if you are registering from the UK.
There are multiple ways for you to get in touch with 888. For registered customers, there is a live chat option available. Furthermore, you can send an email using the built-in contact form in the Support Center. There is also a link for players that prefer to reach out and speak to an agent directly by telephone.
However, it is recommended that you utilise the extensive 888 help centre first of all. This is packed with questions covering every topic, from bonuses and promotions to banking and technical support. It is well worth looking in here, as the chances are your query will probably already be answered.
Other 888 Products
888sport is a respected sportsbook, but this is just one part of this mighty online gambling company’s brand portfolio. Other 888 products include:
Although rebranded now, this is actually one of the oldest casinos on the internet. It offers a massive range of games that are supplied by its own in-house software development team, as well as third-party providers, including NetEnt, Microgaming, IGT, Red Tiger Gaming, and more.
It also has one of the leading live casinos in the business with tables offering roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and Monopoly Live, among others. With stacks of casinos bonuses available to players, there are many good reasons to take a closer look at 888casino.
This product barely needs an introduction. For the past 20 years, this has been one of the world’s most popular poker rooms. You can play cash games, sit and go tournaments, multi-table tournaments, and three player Twister games. With plenty of freerolls, guaranteed prize pool games, and other offers, you are assured of decent value at 888poker.
888 operates more than a dozen bingo sites, with the flagship brand being 888ladies. If you want to try your luck, there are bingo games starting from only a few pence, so you don’t need a massive bankroll to enjoy yourself.
Punters at 888 betting are treated to numerous bonuses and promotions to further enhance the value of wagering on this site. Here is a taster of what you can snap up here:
- Welcome bonus: The sign-up offer is deposit and bet £10, and you get £30 credited to your account once the qualifying wager has been settled. The odds for the qualifying bet are 1/2 (1.50), which more than fair, so savvy punters stand to make a few quid for this promotion. 18+, terms and conditions apply.
- Up for 8: If football is your sport, then the Up for 8 promotion is the one for you. This is a ‘free to enter’ competition where you must predict the full result from eight pre-selected games. If you get all 8 results correct, you win a share of £8,000 in cash. However, even if you don’t land all of them, you win a £1 free bet for each correct selection. This game can be played without making a deposit. Find out how to play, and make use of our Up for 8 tips, here. T&Cs apply.
- £5 Free Bet every day This is another stellar 888sport promotion. If you land a winner at odds of 4/1 (5.00) or higher, then you will receive an 888 free bet worth £5. The only catch is that you bet must be for £10 or more. Still, this is a solid offer and one that is well-worth taking advantage of.
- 888 Specials: One for football punters here. 888 Specials are daily trebles and wincast football bets with enhanced odds to give you bigger payouts. These are a good way to get more value from the sportsbook, and to ensure your bankroll goes further.
- Up to £25 Free bet Refund: This 888 promotion only applies to American sports. If you place an accumulator bet with five or legs, and one leg loses, 888sport will refund your stake up to £25 as a free bet.
- Each Way Plus: When you back a horse with Each Way+, you get either enhanced place terms (improved odds) or paid extra places. It gives a little more insurance to your each-ways and sometimes more rewarding payouts.