We’re going to show you some useful keno tips and strategies and bust some myths about this fun numbers game. What are the best keno numbers and combinations? What are winning keno patterns? Let’s find out how to win keno more often.
First, check out some keno bonuses from approved casinos…
|Uptown Aces Casino||$20 Free Chip||Play Now|
|BoVegas Casino||$50 Free Chip||Play Now|
|Miami Club||$20 Free Chip||Play Now|
|Fair Go Casino||$5 Free Chip||Play Now|
Winning Keno Patterns – What are the Best Keno Numbers and Combinations?
We played in five different keno draws starting with a $100 bankroll. Here are the results, including the winning numbers for each draw.
|Draw #||Winning Numbers||Probability of Each Number Being Drawn||Wins/Losses|
|1||2 5 8 10 14 16 19 21 25 29||0.09% for each number||+$8|
|2||1 3 7 11 12 13 15 18 22 30||0.09% for each number||-$2|
|3||4 6 9 17 20 23 24 26 28 31||0.09% for each number||-$12|
|4||3 7 11 12 16 18 21 22 24 27||0.09% for each number||-$22|
|5||1 2 5 8 10 13 14 15 19 23||0.09% for each number||-$32|
The probability of each number being drawn is assumed to be equal at 0.09% for simplicity. In reality, the probability of each number being drawn may vary. The numbers drawn in any given game are truly random and don’t follow any discernible sequence.
Want to play play real money online keno? Make sure you pick an honest site. There’s no point in knowing the best keno numbers and combinations if the casino won’t pay you when you win.
Keno Secrets and Strategy
We Googled the term “keno secret pattern” to see what would come up, and we were amazed by the junk we found. It seems like every swindler and his dog has found the perfect system to win keno every time, and they just can’t wait to share it with you for a small fee. The only people who will be making money from such systems are those who write and sell them or the online casino you try to use them at. If you spend your days trying these systems, you might be a degenerate gambler.
Let’s have a look at some of the most popular keno winning systems. We’ll break them down and show you if they really work or not.
Keno Hot Numbers
The above are said to be the hottest keno numbers based on detailed computer analysis of all national and state draws across the world. However, you need to read the below for context and interpretation.
We mentioned this one briefly above, but we’ll expand on it here. This system involves looking for winning numbers which seem to appear more often than others. These numbers are considered ‘hot,’ and you use them to make your keno predictions. In the naive gambler’s mind, lady luck is actively intervening is a cold-hearted computer algorithm to give them a sign. More mature gamblers may simply believe that there’s something about the program that is causing that number to come up more often.
We’re sorry to break it to you, but neither is true. There are no keno patterns. If you understand how casino games work, you will know that honest online casinos run their games using random number generators determine game outcomes. These RNGs spit out billions of number per second, and the numbers are all associated with game outcomes.
The numbers which have come out in previous draws have absolutely zero influence on the numbers which come out next. Thinking they do is called the gambler’s fallacy, and you’ll waste a lot of time trying to pick them.
On the flip side, there’s nothing wrong with picking these numbers, either. Since they have the same probability of coming out on the next draw like any other number, you might as well pick them if you like. Just don’t expect hot numbers to give you any specific advantage. Give up on the keno pattern reading – you’ll end up like Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind and won’t be any better off for it.
Picking Consecutive Numbers in Keno – Are they the Best Keno Numbers and Combinations?
This is another number picking strategy which is grade-A nonsense. The idea is that you pick sequential numbers such as 13,14,15,16,17,18,19, and 20 rather than random ones all over the joint.
We put this keno strategy to the test over five draws in a keno simulator. Here are the results we got:
|Draw Number||Your Picks||Actual Numbers Drawn||Matches|
|1||4, 8, 12, 16, 20||2, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 28, 29, 30||3|
|2||1, 3, 6, 11, 15, 18, 22||1, 2, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30||4|
|3||2, 5, 9, 13, 17, 21, 25||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 30||5|
|4||1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 17, 18, 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30||6|
|5||3, 7, 11, 15, 19, 23, 27||1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29||5|
These results were no better than games in which we picked random numbers. You can try it for yourself and see. It won’t do any harm, but it won’t give you any advantage, either.
We’re going to repeat this until we’re blue in the face and it sinks in – the best keno strategy is to understand that there are no secret patterns, no combos of numbers any more likely than others and that any potential combination of numbers is just as likely as any other. Just because the numbers come in a sequence does not mean the random number generator is any more likely to spit them out.
This dismissal goes for every other kind of keno number pattern, too. Some prefer to skip one number, picking 2,4,6,8,10, etc, while others prefer to use the Fibonacci sequence as if they’ve unlocked some sort of secret key to the universe and have discovered a sure-fire winning strategy.
Logic is always your friend when it comes to casino games. And so is math. You can pick your numbers blindfolded, or can ask the casino to randomly generate them for you, and you will have just as good a shot at winning as you do by using any of these superstitious ways.
Like we said before – there’s no harm in using them, and they don’t decrease your odds of winning keno. You can use them if you find it comforting or fun, but don’t expect them to help you win every time. Professional gamblers don’t play games like keno because they know they’re all about luck, and no strategy or system can change keno odds.
The Keno Double Up Strategy
While you’ve probably gathered that we don’t think much of keno patterns that win (so the system authors claim), there are some practical strategies which you can use to potentially win back losses and come out ahead.
Remember, there are no guarantees, and every strategy has its flaws. We’ll explain the pros and cons of this one here.
This strategy involves doubling your previous losing bet. So, for example, you start by betting $1 on the first card, and if you lose, you bet $2, then $4, and so on.
This can actually work when making even-money bets such as red or black in roulette. However, it’s really not ideal for this game. First, you have a much smaller chance of hitting your number than you do of landing the correct colour in roulette. Second, the payouts and odds are different. You could get a 3x payout for picking one number on a 10-number card or an x1 payout for getting one out of two on a 10-number card, but this strategy depends on winning almost as many times as you lose to cover your previous losing bet and then come out slightly ahead.
We’d give this one a miss. It involves taking bigger and bigger risks on every bet, which can get out of control quickly. You can also hit betting limits, which will stop you from doubling up again. Once again, the best keno betting strategy is to manage your bankroll effectively and maximize the number of cards you buy. This double up strategy can work short-term, but it’s not going to work long-term.
Reduced Keno Betting Systems
We might not be able to deduce no-fail winning keno patterns, but we advocate for the idea of spreading the risk out across multiple cards and hoping for the best. So, we like this keno winning formula, even though it is not guaranteed by any means.
The idea behind this system is to play a game of multi-card keno and play different combinations of your chosen numbers across them. Let’s pretend you bet with six numbers – 1,2,15,23,56, and 78. This is your target number, and let’s say for the sake of this example you are going to play them across three cards. Use any keno tricks you like to pick your numbers – it really doesn’t matter.
You might play them like this:
- 2,15,23, and 56.
- 15,23,56, and 78.
- 1,15,23, and 78.
- 1,2,15, and 56.
If you play $1 per game, the total cost will be $3. The hope is to win some combination of these numbers – preferably two or more, which will give you a large payout. While the payouts always depend on the casino and the keno variant you’re playing, you could win something like a 7x payout for landing two numbers. Thus, you’d win more than you lose.
This does not fundamentally alter the odds, but it does spread out the risk and maximizes your chances of winning, so we’ll say that if you’re going to use any of the keno betting systems listed on this page, this one might be worth a look. The best keno number combinations to play are up to you.
Playing the Same Lucky Keno Numbers Every Time
Does playing the same numbers make any difference? Many people believe in lucky numbers in keno. We decided to put this strategy to the test. Here are the results.
|Draw||Your Picks||Numbers Drawn||Matches|
|1||5, 10, 15, 20, 25||1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 30||3|
|2||5, 10, 15, 20, 25||1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29||4|
|3||5, 10, 15, 20, 25||1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 23, 24, 27, 30||4|
|4||5, 10, 15, 20, 25||1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30||4|
|5||5, 10, 15, 20, 25||1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 30||1|
Once again, the results are random! Are you beginning to notice a pattern yet?
How to Win Keno More Often – Common Sense Tips
If you want to understand how to consistently win at keno games, there are a few fundamental principles you need to get a grip on first. If you read here regularly, you’ll know we don’t sell BS systems and lies – we prefer using the scientific method and backing our claims up with data. What we’ve learned about real money keno is this:
(1) Any system or e-book telling you it’ll help you win this game every time or that it will reveal winning keno patterns is lying. You can’t win every time, so get your expectations set straight. This is a game of chance, and the casino has a large house edge of between 20% and 50%, so you’ll lose more often than you win. The hope is that you have a big win which is worth more than all the small losses. There is no sure way to win keno, and don’t believe anyone who says there is.
(2) Keno odds really aren’t great. Understand that different keno game variants have different house edges, and pick the one which gives you the biggest advantage. The house edge is the mathematical percentage the casino has as an advantage. The keno house edge can be between 20% and 35% – that’s a massive difference. Picking the games which have the smallest house edge is the best way to win keno.
(3) While we can’t tell you how to win every time, we can tell you how to win, or at least make it more likely, on any given gaming session. The trick is to split your bankroll across as many cards as possible. Divide it evenly, buy as many cards as you can with the money you’ve got, and therefore you will have maximized your chances of winning. This is not a keno sure win formula, but it’s the best way to maximize your chances.
(4) To win keno consistently, you have to have the discipline to walk away after a big win. The house edge on this game is a monster. The casino is banking on you giving back what you win by pushing your luck too far and thinking the best keno numbers and combinations will come up again. There’s a natural tendency to get carried away after a big win because you’re in a good mood. Don’t fall for this trap – the math of the game is against you, and you’re likely to lose if you keep playing keno online.
(5) There’s a joke among experienced players. It goes, “How do you win at keno every time? Don’t play!” Of course, it’s just a joke, but it does hint that the odds aren’t great in this game. Just remember that when playing. It’s all about a big lucky win and getting out. We want to emphasize that point. Read our guide on how to play keno to see that it’s a game of pure chance.
(6) A simple way to win keno more often is to bet on the bonus ball, if the game you’re playing offers one. If it doesn’t, you should try to find one which does. The bonus ball will pay out big if you land it. Some players choose to bet on the bonus ball every time. It might be called the ‘Bullseye’ or the ‘Booster Ball’ or something like that. It will cost you more to bet on it, but it’s worth it if it pays.
(7) Some keno games have progressive jackpots, which means there’s a constantly growing pot contributed to by every player. The jackpot can be paid randomly or when you hit a certain combination of numbers. Landing the progressive jackpot is one way to win keno online, but it’s A) unlikely and B) progressive games will have a bigger house edge – where do you think the contributions to the progressive jackpot are coming from?
(8) Some players like to use a keno system to increase their odds. Sorry to break it to you, but these simply don’t work. They’re based on gamblers superstitions and myths. For example, people look for ‘hot numbers’ or ‘cold numbers’ and bet on those. Unfortunately, every number has an equal chance of being drawn each time. If you think you’ve seen a number come up more times than others recently, there’s no guarantee at all that it will come up again. Winning in keno will require you to dispell these myths – they’re inaccurate and will lead you to make bad decisions if you believe them.
Hopefully, after reading the above, you’ll understand that there’s no magical answer to how to discover winning keno patterns. It comes down to understanding how the game works, getting lucky when picking your keno numbers, and having the discipline to walk when you’re ahead. Playing keno online is a lot of fun, and you can have some huge wins, but you can also drive yourself up the wall trying to spot patterns, use systems, and ultimately beat keno.
Want to test some of these keno tips and strategies? Check out our list of RTG casinos. It has real keno games with cash payouts up for grabs. Better yet, all of these casinos have generous welcome bonuses worth thousands of dollars for new players, and you can use them on keno.
Picking the Right Keno Variants to Maximize Your Chances of Winning
Here are some of the most popular keno variants online. As you’ll see, the housee dge varies wildly and some have special rules or features that benefit you. Think about which one to play or try them all and see what ones you have the most luck on.
|Keno Variant||House Edge||Special Rules|
|Standard Keno||25% to 30%||None|
|Power Keno||4% to 7%||If the 20th ball drawn matches one of your picks, your winnings are multiplied by 4x to 10x.|
|Super Keno||25% to 30%||If the first ball drawn is one of your picks, your winnings are multiplied by 4x to 10x.|
|Combination Keno||30% to 35%||You can choose to play multiple sets of numbers, with each set costing the same as a regular ticket.|
|Top/Bottom Keno||25% to 30%||You can choose to bet on the top half or bottom half of the board.|
Keno Tips & Tricks – Your Questions Answered
Q. How many keno numbers and combinations should I play?
It doesn’t matter. Most players feel it is ideal to play between four and six numbers, but it’s entirely up to you. This seems like a sensible way to go. Just remember to always bet on the bonus ball if that’s an option, and to use the reduced betting system broken down above to play your numbers across multiple cards for the greatest chance of winning. Even the best keno numbers and combinations can’t change the odds of this game, so pick however many you like and hope for the best.
Q. Is there any realistic way to spot winning keno patterns?
No – please stop thinking about winning keno patterns. It’s a myth, and the people telling you they exist actually want you to lose money. Mostly, you’ll find these sorts of articles perpetuating myths like this are funded by casinos and written by employees pretending to be players. There are not keno numbers and combinations that win every time.
Q. Are there any keno tips & cheats that work?
There are no cheats, but we can give you one tip – focus on making your bankroll last as long as possible. The more cards you play, the better your chances. Forget about cheats, though. Casinos spend millions on security and the software companies which create the games have entire teams dedicated to testing their systems and making sure there are no glitches. Some even use AI to try to spot casino cheats. Just have fun when you play keno online and hope that it’s your lucky day.
Q. What’s the most common pattern in keno?
We’re going to maintain that there are no patterns, but if you insist – some players believe that 1,2,23,34, and 72 are the drawn numbers most often. We don’t buy it, but if you’re looking for someone to give you winning keno numbers, these are as good as any.
Q. Should I use a Keno bonus?
That’s one thing we absolutely do recommend doing when you play keno online. A no deposit bonus would be best, but we’ll take any welcome bonus which require a deposit where we can find them. Make sure the terms and conditions allow you to use the bonus money for keno and be sure that the wagering requirements are not too high. As long as these two boxes are ticked, you should definitely play with a welcome bonus – as far as Keno tips and advice go, it’s the best one. Shop around and find the best bonus possible.