This video explores the most common keno patterns and whether or not they’ll help you win. After that, the rest of the text shows you some useful keno tips and strategies and it busts some myths about this fun numbers game. Are there any winning keno patterns? Can you really win at keno every time? Let’s find out together.
How to Play Keno
Before you stand a chance of actually winning real money, you’ll need to understand how to play keno. Before you start learning keno secrets and advanced strategies, you’ve got to get a grip on the basics. Even if you’ve never played before, you’ll pick it up in no time at all. It’s probably the easiest casino game you could play – all you have to do is pick your lucky numbers and hope for the best. You could play keno blindfolded and it wouldn’t make a difference.
How Does Keno Work?
This section won’t answers the questions how do you win at keno every time? Instead, it will teach you how to play. Here’s a step-by-step explanation of the best way to play keno. It’s suitable for first-time keno players and those who need a refresher.
(1) The first thing all keno players need to do is buy a game card. You can do this at any of our approved online casinos.
(2) You’ll then need to pick your lucky numbers. How many you pick, and how many you need to win will depend on the variant you play – there are different types of keno. You will not have to win every number to get a cash prize. Most keno games offer 80 numbers, and most games will ask you to pick between one and 10 numbers. Some keno variants allow you to pick up to 20 numbers.
(3) Decide how much money you want to bet on each number. You can often decide to play the same number for multiple games, too. Most online casinos which offer keno will calculate how much you’re betting for you and ask you to confirm.
(4) Wait for the draw to take place. The numbers will be drawn by a computer program. Your wins will be calculated for you automatically. As we said before, you won’t have to land all of your numbers to win. Check out the keno paytable below for an example of how payouts work. It will depend on how many picks you made, how many winning numbers you landed, how many numbers are drawn, and the keno variant you are playing. Keep in mind that every game of keno is slightly different.
Remember that this is a game of chance. It’s not a wise idea to try and make a living playing keno. Keno players have zero control over the game outcomes once the draw starts, just like when playing the national lottery. However, that doesn’t mean you can do a few things to improve the keno odds.
Even if you’re a total beginner, you probably know how to play real money keno already just from reading this easy guide above. It’s a lotto game, so all you really have to do is pick numbers and hope for the best. Many keno players don’t even understand the rules the first time they play, and you don’t necessarily have to. Sometimes, the best way to learn is by doing.
Keno Strategy & Secret Patterns
We Googled the term “keno secret pattern” to see what would come up, and we were amazed by the junk we found. It seems like every swindler and his dog has found the perfect system to win keno every time, and they just can’t wait to share it with you for a small fee. The only people who will be making money from such systems are those who write and sell them or the online casino you try to use them at.
Let’s have a look at some of the most popular keno winning systems. We’ll break them down and show you if they really work or not.
Keno Hot Numbers
We mentioned this one briefly above, but we’ll expand on it here. This system involves looking for winning numbers which seem to appear more often than others. These numbers are considered ‘hot,’ and you use them to make your keno predictions. In the naive gambler’s mind, lady luck is actively intervening is a cold-hearted computer algorithm to give them a sign. More mature gamblers may simply believe that there’s something about the program that is causing that number to come up more often.
We’re sorry to break it to you, but neither is true. There are no keno patterns. If you understand how casino games work, you will know that random number generators determine game outcomes. These RNGs spit out billions of number per second, and the numbers are all associated with game outcomes.
The numbers which have come out in previous draws have absolutely zero influence on the numbers which come out next. Thinking they do is called the gambler’s fallacy, and you’ll waste a lot of time trying to pick them.
On the flip side, there’s nothing wrong with picking these numbers, either. Since they have the same probability of coming out on the next draw like any other number, you might as well pick them if you like. Just don’t expect hot numbers to give you any specific advantage. Give up on the keno pattern reading – you’ll end up like Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind and won’t be any better off for it.
Picking Consecutive Numbers in Keno
This is another number picking strategy which is grade-A nonsense. The idea is that you pick sequential numbers such as 13,14,15,16,17,18,19, and 20 rather than random ones all over the joint.
We’re going to repeat this until we’re blue in the face and it sinks in – the best keno strategy is to understand that there are no secret patterns, no combos of numbers any more likely than others and that any potential combination of numbers is just as likely as any other. Just because the numbers come in a sequence does not mean the random number generator is any more likely to spit them out.
This dismissal goes for every other kind of keno number pattern, too. Some prefer to skip one number, picking 2,4,6,8,10, etc, while others prefer to use the Fibonacci sequence as if they’ve unlocked some sort of secret key to the universe and have discovered a sure-fire winning strategy.
Logic is always your friend when it comes to casino games. And so is math. You can pick your numbers blindfolded, or can ask the casino to randomly generate them for you, and you will have just as good a shot at winning as you do by using any of these superstitious ways.
Like we said before – there’s no harm in using them, and they don’t decrease your odds of winning keno. You can use them if you find it comforting or fun, but don’t expect them to help you win every time.
The Keno Double Up Strategy
While you’ve probably gathered that we don’t think much of keno patterns that win (so the system authors claim), there are some practical strategies which you can use to potentially win back losses and come out ahead.
Remember, there are no guarantees, and every strategy has its flaws. We’ll explain the pros and cons of this one here.
This strategy involves doubling your previous losing bet. So, for example, you start by betting $1 on the first card, and if you lose, you bet $2, then $4, and so on.
This can actually work when making even-money bets such as red or black in roulette. However, it’s really not ideal for this game. First, you have a much smaller chance of hitting your number than you do of landing the correct colour in roulette. Second, the payouts and odds are different. You could get a 3x payout for picking one number on a 10-number card or an x1 payout for getting one out of two on a 10-number card, but this strategy depends on winning almost as many times as you lose to cover your previous losing bet and then come out slightly ahead.
We’d give this one a miss. It involves taking bigger and bigger risks on every bet, which can get out of control quickly. You can also hit betting limits, which will stop you from doubling up again. Once again, the best keno betting strategy is to manage your bankroll effectively and maximize the number of cards you buy. This double up strategy can work short-term, but it’s not going to work long-term.
Reduced Keno Betting Systems
We might not be able to deduce no-fail winning keno patterns, but we advocate for the idea of spreading the risk out across multiple cards and hoping for the best. So, we like this keno winning formula, even though it is not guaranteed by any means.
The idea behind this system is to play a game of multi-card keno and play different combinations of your chosen numbers across them. Let’s pretend you bet with six numbers – 1,2,15,23,56, and 78. This is your target number, and let’s say for the sake of this example you are going to play them across three cards. Use any keno tricks you like to pick your numbers – it really doesn’t matter.
You might play them like this:
- 2,15,23, and 56.
- 15,23,56, and 78.
- 1,15,23, and 78.
- 1,2,15, and 56.
If you play $1 per game, the total cost will be $3. The hope is to win some combination of these numbers – preferably two or more, which will give you a large payout. While the payouts always depend on the casino and the keno variant you’re playing, you could win something like a 7x payout for landing two numbers. Thus, you’d win more than you lose.
This does not fundamentally alter the odds, but it does spread out the risk and maximizes your chances of winning, so we’ll say that if you’re going to use any of the keno betting systems listed on this page, this one might be worth a look. The best keno number combinations to play are up to you.
How Do You Win at Keno Every Time? Do Winning Keno Patterns Exist?
If you want to understand how to consistently win at keno games, there are a few fundamental principles you need to get a grip on first. If you read here regularly, you’ll know we don’t sell BS systems and lies – we prefer using the scientific method and backing our claims up with data. What we’ve learned about real money keno is this:
(1) Any system or e-book telling you it’ll help you win this game every time or that it will reveal winning keno patterns is lying. You can’t win every time, so get your expectations set straight. This is a game of chance, and the casino has a large house edge of between 20% and 50%, so you’ll lose more often than you win. The hope is that you have a big win which is worth more than all the small losses. There is no sure way to win keno, and don’t believe anyone who says there is.
(2) Keno odds really aren’t great. Understand that different keno game variants have different house edges, and pick the one which gives you the biggest advantage. The house edge is the mathematical percentage the casino has as an advantage. The keno house edge can be between 20% and 35% – that’s a massive difference. Picking the games which have the smallest house edge is the best way to win keno.
(3) While we can’t tell you how to win every time, we can tell you how to win, or at least make it more likely, on any given gaming session. The trick is to split your bankroll across as many cards as possible. Divide it evenly, buy as many cards as you can with the money you’ve got, and therefore you will have maximized your chances of winning. This is not a keno sure win formula, but it’s the best way to maximize your chances.
(4) To win keno consistently, you have to have the discipline to walk away after a big win. The house edge on this game is a monster. The casino is banking on you giving back what you win by pushing your luck too far. There’s a natural tendency to get carried away after a big win because you’re in a good mood. Don’t fall for this trap – the math of the game is against you, and you’re likely to lose if you keep playing keno online.
(5) There’s a joke among experienced players. It goes, “How do you win at keno every time? Don’t play!” Of course, it’s just a joke, but it does hint that the odds aren’t great in this game. Just remember that when playing. It’s all about a big lucky win and getting out. We want to emphasize that point.
(6) A simple way to win keno more often is to bet on the bonus ball, if the game you’re playing offers one. If it doesn’t, you should try to find one which does. The bonus ball will pay out big if you land it. Some players choose to bet on the bonus ball every time. It might be called the ‘Bullseye’ or the ‘Booster Ball’ or something like that. It will cost you more to bet on it, but it’s worth it if it pays.
(7) Some keno games have progressive jackpots, which means there’s a constantly growing pot contributed to by every player. The jackpot can be paid randomly or when you hit a certain combination of numbers. Landing the progressive jackpot is one way to win keno online, but it’s A) unlikely and B) progressive games will have a bigger house edge – where do you think the contributions to the progressive jackpot are coming from?
(8) Some players like to use a keno system to increase their odds. Sorry to break it to you, but these simply don’t work. They’re based on gamblers superstitions and myths. For example, people look for ‘hot numbers’ or ‘cold numbers’ and bet on those. Unfortunately, every number has an equal chance of being drawn each time. If you think you’ve seen a number come up more times than others recently, there’s no guarantee at all that it will come up again. Winning in keno will require you to dispell these myths – they’re inaccurate and will lead you to make bad decisions if you believe them.
Hopefully, after reading the above, you’ll understand that there’s no magical answer to how to discover winning keno patterns. It comes down to understanding how the game works, getting lucky when picking your keno numbers, and having the discipline to walk when you’re ahead. Playing keno online is a lot of fun, and you can have some huge wins, but you can also drive yourself up the wall trying to spot patterns, use systems, and ultimately beat keno.
Keno Tips & Tricks – Your Questions Answered
Q. How many numbers should I play in keno?
It doesn’t matter. Most players feel it is ideal to play between four and six numbers, but it’s entirely up to you. This seems like a sensible way to go. Just remember to always bet on the bonus ball if that’s an option, and to use the reduced betting system broken down above to play your numbers across multiple cards for the greatest chance of winning.
Q. Is there any realistic way to spot winning keno patterns?
No – please stop thinking about winning keno patterns. It’s a myth, and the people telling you they exist actually want you to lose money. Mostly, you’ll find these sorts of articles perpetuating myths like this are funded by casinos and written by employees pretending to be players.
Q. Are there any keno tips & cheats that work?
There are no cheats, but we can give you one tip – focus on making your bankroll last as long as possible. The more cards you play, the better your chances. Forget about cheats, though. Casinos spend millions on security and the software companies which create the games have entire teams dedicated to testing their systems and making sure there are no glitches. Some even use AI to try to spot casino cheats. Just have fun when you play keno online and hope that it’s your lucky day.
Q. What’s the most common pattern in keno?
We’re going to maintain that there are no patterns, but if you insist – some players believe that 1,2,23,34, and 72 are the drawn numbers most often. We don’t buy it, but if you’re looking for someone to give you winning keno numbers, these are as good as any.
Q. Should I use a Keno bonus?
That’s one thing we absolutely do recommend doing when you play keno online. A no deposit bonus would be best, but we’ll take any welcome bonus which require a deposit where we can find them. Make sure the terms and conditions allow you to use the bonus money for keno and be sure that the wagering requirements are not too high. As long as these two boxes are ticked, you should definitely play with a welcome bonus – as far as Keno tips and advice go, it’s the best one. Shop around and find the best bonus possible.
Copyright 2020 – Gamblerspro.com. Rights reserved.