If you’d like to learn more about why we feel these are the best sites, what standards we use to pick the sites we recommend, and the state of the online gambling scene in NZ, there’s lots of useful information below.
How We Select the Best New Zealand Online Casinos
We started Gamblerspro.com with the strong desire to clean up the online casino scene. The fact of the matter is, most review sites don’t give a toss what casinos you sign up at, as long as they keep growing their readership and getting more clicks, they’ll recommend any old casino. They’ll also hype up the sites they recommend and make them sound like the best thing since sliced bread.
We take a different approach. We present the facts as we find them, and we only recommend the top New Zealand online casinos. Our philosophy is simple – if we wouldn’t play at the casino ourselves, we don’t recommend it to you. That’s fair, isn’t it?
In order to filter out 100% of the second-rate or junk casinos, and only come up with a list of safe, legal, and trustworthy sites, we have a checklist which we use to review them. This way, there’s an objective measuring stick and casinos either have what it takes or they don’t. We’re happy to share our standards with you.
- The New Zealand casinos we recommend must have world-class games from the best casino software companies like NetEnt, Microgaming, Playtech, and IGT. There should plenty of slot machines, table games like roulette and craps, card games like baccarat, blackjack, and poker, and some video poker games. While game selection is important, game fairness and quality are more important. Which brings us nicely to the next point.
- Game payouts should be published and preferably verified. Honest online casinos NZ have nothing to hide. If the games aren’t rigged, they should be willing to publish payouts. They should also be willing to allow trusted third parties such as eCogra to verify. This way we know the game outcomes are truly random and the published payouts are legit.
- We’re constantly looking for the fastest payout online casino in NZ. As long-term players ourselves, there’s nothing we dislike more than waiting days, weeks, and even months to get our jackpots and winnings. We give top scores to the casinos which pay the same day, and we’ll tolerate waits of up to 3-5 business days if the casino has other strong points. There should be plenty of ways to get paid aside from just credit and debit cards. Casinos which pay by PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafecard, and other fast payment methods get extra points in our scoring system.
- When problems arise at online casinos, the customer support team quickly becomes a hugely important factor. We test them before giving our recommendation. You’ll be able to get in touch 24/7 via live chat and e-mail at a minimum. If the casino also has a free telephone helpline or callback service, it’ll score extra points and climb our casino rankings.
- New Zealand doesn’t have a central gaming commission or a specific government body which licences and regulates online gambling. Despite this, we still consider which licences a casino possesses as it gives us a good idea about how legit the operator is/isn’t. UK, Malta, Gibraltar, and Alderney licences are the only ones we take seriously. If a casino has one of these, we take it as a good thing. Provided the licences check out, extra points are awarded.
Each casino has a unique welcome bonus for new players. Some have ongoing bonuses for regular players through VIP clubs and loyalty schemes. We check the terms and conditions to make sure they’re fair and that there are no dirty tricks hidden in the small print. From deposit bonuses to free spins, to no deposit offers, we check the wagering requirements, minimum deposits, and win limits before we say a bonus is worth grabbing. You can see the important terms and conditions for the bonuses listed above right in the table.
The above standards mean you’ll only play at the best real money NZ casinos if you take our advice. Check out the sites listed in the table above and take your pick!
- Sign-up Bonus
- Key Features
- Play Now
Is It Legal to Gamble Online in New Zealand?
The main law governing online gambling in New Zealand is the Gambling Act (2003).
It’s a strangely worded law, which prohibits gambling through a communication device. However, it only covers gambling in NZ itself, and so there are lots of overseas casinos which accept New Zealand players willingly.
Do These New Zealand Online Casinos Accept Bitcoin?
We’ve reviewed and listed several casinos which accept BTC here on the site. Some of the sites listed above do, while others don’t. You can find out which do in the reviews.
Cryptocurrencies are becoming an increasingly important part of online gambling. Many of our approved online casinos also accept Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Dash, Monero, XRP, and other cryptocurrencies. If you prefer gambling with crypto, you’ll have plenty of options.
Are These NZ Casinos Mobile Friendly?
Yes, that’s another one of our important review rating factors. We visit all sites on our mobile phone/tablet devices to ensure they’re compatible. Some of them do offer apps for download, while others don’t. Apps are always optional, so you can give them a miss and go for the instant play/no download option instead.
Whether you’re using an Android (Samsung, Huawei, LG), or an iOS (iPhone/iPad), you’ll be able to play at our approved sites. They also work with Blackberry and Windows phones.
I’m a New Zealander Abroad. Can I Still Play at These Sites?
If you’re in a country where it’s illegal to gamble you might have some trouble accessing some of these New Zealand online casinos.
In this case, you might check out some of the crypto-friendly sites. They tend to have very few restrictions, and you can play from almost anywhere.
Also, remember that while these are casinos for New Zealand players, they do also accept players from around the world. That means you don’t necessarily have to deposit in NZD since you’re abroad. Some of these sites also accept USD, GBP, EUR, CAD, AUD, etc, so you can save on the conversion fees if you find New Zealand online casinos with multiple currency options.